- 585 BC Solar eclipse, as predicted by Greek philosopher Thales, while Lydians at war with the Medes leads to a truce. One of the cardinal dates from which other dates calculated.
- 640 Severinus begins his reign as Catholic Pope (elected in 638)
- 1037 German emperor Koenraad II removes "Constitutio the Feudis"
- 1156 Battle at Brindisi: Norman-Sicillian King William beats Byzantine fleet under John Doukas and Alexios Bryennios
1349 60 Jews murdered in Breslau Silesia
- 1358 Daint-Leu at Oise begins French boer uprising